Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Closing time II

The Sun conducted their end-of-season physicals Monday night and spent today and perhaps tomorrow clearing out, meaning by this time Wednesday, all of them will be gone. I can never get over how abrupt everything is by the end of the season.

Anyway, here's some of what I know: Asjha Jones is returning to play in Russia, and actually leaves by the end of the week. (No rest for the weary).

Barbara Turner is playing in Turkey, and she said the team wants her there by October.

"But I don’t know," she said. "I need some time to clear my head."

Tamika Whitmore is going to play again in Czech Republic. She's also on a multi-year deal with the Sun.

"I’ll try to get at least two weeks to rest my body up" before leaving, she said. "I’ll do what I need to do and come back here, and I don’t know, I might be so quick and nimble, I might be playing the (small forward position) next year, I don’t know."

I'll try to have a more complete list in the days to come for those interested in tracking the team during the winter months.

No comments: