Friday, August 29, 2008

Keeping track

I buried it at the bottom of the right-hand column, but I installed a hit counter into this blog last night. It's good to see at least a few people are checking in (it's much appreciated). But I'm also hoping for some feedback. Instead of posting another poll, I want your take on the stretch run. How big of an impact do you think Erin Phillips and Svetlana Abrosimova will have? Is this Sun team built for a title run? More so than any of those great Nykesha Sales-Katie Douglas groups?

I liked this Sun team before the break. I like it even more now. But please, discuss.

Leave comments at the bottom of this post or any other. I'll be at Mohegan Sun Arena tonight, but for boxing, not baksetball, and I won't have a chance to post a reaction post from tonight's game at Atlanta until very late tonight or tomorrow morning. Check the Bulletin's Web site for updates or follow elsewhere at connecticutsun.com or wnba.com.

2 comments:

Stormy said...

You probably won't receive any hit increases from my readership. I subscribe via my Google Reader.

It makes it easier to check on game updates at MoSun Arena, especially when I'm in the media room eating. :)

Brittany said...

Hey, I check the blog all the time. It's nice to get updates between articles and some of the behind the scenes stuff we normally wouldn't hear about.
I think the Sun are looking very good for the playoffs right now. BUT I was listening to the game tonight and Lindsay Whalen went down with some kind of injury but they never gave us an update. I hope you'll have an update soon, and hopefully it isn't serious.

I think the biggest difference from this year to years past is the Sun's depth. I remember teams beating Connecticut by wearing them down with their bench play, but I see the Sun doing that to teams this year.

I'll feel even better about their playoff chances if they can hold on to first place in the East and get homecourt in the first 2 rounds. I think both times they made it to the finals they had homecourt advatage until the finals.

Thanks for the blog and I'll try to comment more often.