Monday, August 25, 2008

Fresh as I return ...

Welcome back everyone. Apologies for the long hiatus. I've been on vacation the last two weeks (I also took advantage of the Olympic break), and haven't been writing or blogging since two Saturdays ago. I thought the final three capsules breaking down the Sun roster got up on their intended days (Barbara Turner was set for Aug. 9, Lindsay Whalen for the 10th and Tamika Whitmore for the 11th), but unfortunately, they did not. I'll be posting those throughout today, so check back.

As for the Sun, they've continued to practice during the break, and will welcome back coach Mike Thibault (and his gold medal) from Beijing where he was an assistant on the U.S. national women's basketball team. Erin Phillips, the Australian guard who took the first portion of the season off to train with her national team (which took silver to the Americans) is expected to arrive Tuesday in preparation for the Sun's first game back Thursday at Indiana.

I'll also have an update from practice late night tonight once the time gets firmed up. Other than that, I'm eager to get back to work and see what this team has for the final stretch of the season. Eight games to go until the playoffs ...

No comments: